Historic Annville Train Station
The first railroad station in Annville was built in the late 1850’s by the Lebanon Valley Railroad. On October 30, 1891, the Reading Railroad constructed the current Annville Train Station on Railroad Street just to the east of Lebanon Valley College. This station was in operation for passenger service until 1963 and for freight service until 1976. In 1976, Mr. Ron Rabena purchased the Annville Station from the Reading Railroad, dismantled it entirely, and transported it to his property in the New Cumberland area. Rabena rebuilt the station, shortening its walls by 3-4 feet, and creating the Buck Ridge Model Railroad Station to house and display his model train exhibits.
After 22 years of running Buck Ridge, Rabena sold the station to Friends of Old Annville in 1998. Led by Blanche Schaeffer and Kathy Moe, FOOA raised the money to purchase, move, and reconstruct the Annville Train Station at 155 North Moyer Street in Annville on track-side land owned by Eagle Graphics Incorporated. FOOA, supported by a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and by donations from local citizens, rebuilt and restored the station to its original height and original appearance.
View a Pictorial History of the Train Station in Annville: Historic Annville Train Station Slide Show.