Friends of Old Annville awarded four new Facade Restoration Grants in 2016 and one hold-over from 2015 in support of historic restoration projects in Annville. The grants totaling $5600 supported the following projects on key historic Annville buildings:
B. Repair and restoration of front porch at 321 East Main Street (ca.1900), owned by Rich and Susan Raiders. House pictured with 3 columns on porch.
D. Repair and replacement of roof on historic barn at 450 South White Oak Street, built in 1775 by Abraham Raiguel and now owned by Mark and Danielle Lesher. See picture of Mark Lesher inside of barn inspecting old beams.
E. In addition, a 2015 facade project was completed and funded by FOOA in 2016: a side porch repair and restoration at the Healing Circle, 38 West Main, owned by Helen Traglia. See picture with tree and lamp post in front.
Facade Restoration Grants must involve historic preservation of exterior aspects of the home, must receive Historic Architectural Review Board (HARB) approval, and must involve projects that are visible from the road in front of the home.